Windfall Youth Company
Current Members – you can pay your fees at this link.
Windfall Youth Company provides a supportive, comfortable, and challenging environment for young dancers to develop dance technique, choreography, and performance skills. The Company also offers a healthy and safe setting for members to explore, through movement, a range of topics, while developing such life skills as self-esteem, positive attitude, and teamwork.
Members of this performance group have an opportunity to learn and improve dance technique, develop choreography skills, and perform in various venues around Bloomington, including their own show in the spring. Commitment is essential! Students should plan to commit to 2 semesters with registration accepted at the beginning of each semester.
- Ages 9 – 18
- No experience necessary!
- Regular attendance at rehearsals and performances – commitment is ESSENTIAL!!
- Enrollment in Youth Company
- Enrollment in at least two technique classes, up to three included in fee*
See class schedule for times and tuition.
Youth Company Orientation is held the first Friday of each new Windfall class session. Each student is required to take a least one technique class outside of Youth Company. If needed, the Youth Company Director will assist students in selecting appropriate classes based on their abilities and experience. The fall semester kicks off the season with rehearsals for their spring performance. The company will hold an informal studio concert for friends and family at the end of the fall semester. During the spring semester, the company will begin working on new pieces while reviewing those learned in the fall. The semester will end with the production of the annual Windfall Youth Show.
Company members also perform in at least one community outreach event per semester, such as area festivals, area nursing or retirement centers, or community venues.
Youth Company Rehearsal Times
Currently, members meet on Fridays for 2 hours each week. Rehearsal times vary based on choreographer or space needs.
- Arrive early to rehearsal and begin warming up
- Come with good attitude and energy to learn
- Attend technique classes at Windfall every week (Classes are included in the price of Youth Company)
- Attend 2-3 dance performances throughout the year
- Participate in 1 outreach event per semester