Windfall Junior Troupe
Current Junior Troupe members – please follow this link and scroll to the bottom to complete payment.
Windfall Junior Troupe provides a supportive, comfortable, and challenging environment for young dancers to develop dance technique, choreography, and performance skills. Junior Troupe offers a healthy and safe environment for members to explore through movement a range of ideas while developing life skills such as self-esteem, positivity, and teamwork.
Members of this troupe have opportunities to perform in various venues around Bloomington, including their own show in the spring. Commitment is essential! Students should plan to commit to two semesters, with registration accepted at the beginning of each semester.
Our current Junior Troupe Director is Jessica Ferguson. Visit our Bios page to read about Ms. Jess!
- Ages 10+
- No experience necessary
- Enrollment in Junior Troupe, which includes:
- Enrollment in at least two technique classes with our School of Dance (a total of four per week are included in Junior enrollment fee).
- Regular attendance to rehearsals and performances – commitment is ESSENTIAL
See class schedule for times and tuition.
Junior Troupe Orientation is held the first Friday of each new Windfall School of Dance class session. Each student is required to take a least two technique classes per week. If needed, the Junior Troupe Director will assist students in selecting appropriate classes based on their abilities and experience. The fall semester kicks off the season with rehearsals for their spring performance, and the Troupe may also hold an informal studio concert for friends and family at the end of the fall semester. During the spring semester, the company will continue working on their pieces, to be shown at their annual Windfall Junior Troupe performance.
Junior members typically perform in at least one community outreach event per semester, such as area festivals, area nursing or retirement centers, or community venues.
Junior Troupe Rehearsal Times
Currently, members meet on Fridays, 4:30-6:30 pm. Additional rehearsal times vary based on progression requirements or space scheduling.
Junior Dancer Responsibilities
- Arrive early to rehearsal and begin warming up
- Come with a positive attitude and energy to learn
- Attend at least two technique classes at Windfall every week (Classes are included in the price of Junior Troupe)
- Attend 2 dance performances throughout the year
- Participate in 1 outreach event per semester