Windfall Dancers Youth Company
Current Youth Company Members – please follow this link to complete payment.
Windfall Youth Company provides a supportive, comfortable, and challenging environment for young dancers to develop dance technique, choreography, and performance skills. YoCo also offers a healthy and safe environment for members to explore through movement a range of ideas while developing life skills such as self-esteem, positivity, and teamwork.
Members of this performance group have opportunities to perform in various venues around Bloomington, including their own show in the spring. Commitment is essential! Students should plan to commit to two semesters, with registration accepted at the beginning of each semester.
Our current Youth Company Director is Brynna Webb. Visit our Bios page to read about Brynna!
- Ages 9 – 18
- No experience necessary
- Enrollment in Youth Company
- Enrollment in at least two technique classes with our School of Dance (a total of three per week are included in Youth Company enrollment fee).
- Regular attendance to rehearsals and performances – commitment is ESSENTIAL
See class schedule for times and tuition.
Youth Company Orientation is held the first Friday of each new Windfall School of Dance class session. Each student is required to take a least two technique classes outside of Youth Company. If needed, the Youth Company Director will assist students in selecting appropriate classes based on their abilities and experience. The fall semester kicks off the season with rehearsals for their spring performance, and the company will also hold an informal studio concert for friends and family at the end of the fall semester. During the spring semester, the company will begin working on new pieces while reviewing those learned in the fall. The semester will end with the production of the annual Windfall Dancers Youth Company Concert.
Company members also perform in at least one community outreach event per semester, such as area festivals, area nursing or retirement centers, or community venues.
Youth Company Rehearsal Times
Currently, members meet on Fridays, 5:30-7:30 pm. Additional rehearsal times vary based on progression requirements or space scheduling.
Youth Company Dancer Responsibilities
- Arrive early to rehearsal and begin warming up
- Come with a positive attitude and energy to learn
- Attend at least two technique classes at Windfall every week (Classes are included in the price of Youth Company)
- Attend 2-3 dance performances throughout the year
- Participate in 1 outreach event per semester